Feb. 17, 2018: Beer, Burgers & Bots
What is Beer Brats and Bots? It’s a rip-roaring, side-splitting, fast paced robot wrestling competition! It’s a gladiatorial festival that celebrates the warrior-geek in all of us. It combines coding and programming, mechanical savvy, intelligent strategy, and sheer brute force all wrapped around a delicious hacker mindset. If you think you have what it takes to enter the Octagon and walk away with the ultimate prize, put your money where your mouth is! Come on down to the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub and show us what you’ve got!
This year Beer Brats and Bots is making a change. Not only will we be shifting to Beer BURGERS and Bots, but also, the game has changed!
This year, BBB will be a little different. Every year, you’ve asked for more action, more excitement and MORE POWER! So… the rules have changed:
- This year, there is a $100 entry fee, your entry fee includes your very own BB Bot! That’s right, you get to keep your Bot. In fact, you can work on it at the Hub and work on it at home. Hey! Why not, you own it.
- Your BB Bot will include the following.
- 1 Chassis
- 3 Wheels
- 2 Servo Motors
- 1 Micro-controller
- 1 Power Shield and Battery Pack
- 1 Gaming Controller
- Appropriate wires
- The necessary base code.
- Operation training.
- A hardy handshake.
3. Teams will consist of no more than 4 members. Yes this is new.
4. What can you do with your BB Bot you may ask? Well… what CAN’T you do? Here are a few frequently asked questions:
- Can I alter the code? YES!
- Can I add a servo or two or nine? YES!
- Can I armour my bot with a material of my choice? YES!
- Can my bot spit fluids, fire, and fury!!! NO! (Actually, we are okay with the fury part.)
5. So, you can fight with brains and braun, what about weapons?YES! Weapons may perform the following functions:
6. Weapons may not melt, fly, detach, or stain. (Teams will be penalized for flying parts, so build your bots well.)
7. After all armour and weapons have been added to your BB Bot, it must fit within a 13 inch cube and be at or below our standard weight requirement of 4lbs.
You can register for BBB NOW! There is only room for 12 teams, so first come, first served. Tickets for spectators are $10 for early bird registration, $15 day of the event! Ages 6 and under are free. Your ticket price includes 1 food ticket + 2 beer tickets.
Join us for 3rd Friday Art Night on January 19th to find out more. Teams will receive their very own BB Bots on Thursday February 1st and then the race is on!
Saturday, February 17, 2018 – 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Early Bird Tickets: $10
Day of Event: $15