If you have ever considered putting wallpaper in your home, you may have realized, it’s a bit of a challenge—it takes a lot of time and has a relatively short shelf life. If you decide to change it later, it’s another hassle.
Our membership engagement associate, Casey Jeffery, demonstrates how to transform a wall from ho-hum boring to snazzy—in just one hour. This is the Zoom background you’ve been looking for!
What you’ll need:
- Paint (Acrylic or Latex)
- Tape Measure (optional)
- Pencil (optional)
Step by step:
- Step 1: I started out with the measurement of my wall height and then kept dividing that in half to determine how long my lines should be.
- Note on paint: I used acrylic craft paint. That is what I had and I mixed up a color I liked! Our walls are painted with flat/eggshell paint, so the acrylic works fine. If you have a different finish, I would recommend matching the finish.
- Note on the brush: I used a 3-inch paintbrush and turned it vertically!
- Step 2: As you’ll see in the video, I just started in the middle based on some of the markings I made in pencil.
- Step 3: I recommend searching the web for some designs or practicing on paper or cardboard, especially if you’re using latex paint!
- Step 4: Paint!!
Member Engagement Associate
Casey Jeffery loves making. Whether she’s painting walls in her house, whipping up sewing masks, or creating amazing ornaments and cards on her Silhouette, her hands are always busy!