Custom Orders & Special Projects
The Innovation Hub helps inventors, entrepreneurs, and hobbyists to create a variety of amazing things. Whether you are in the ideation or manufacturing phase, the Innovation Hub can help bring your idea to life.
Our production team offers 2D & 3D design services, ideation, and manufacturing consultation. The Innovation Hub also offers a variety of fabrication services using our state-of-the-art technology.
Our services include 3D printing, screen-printing, carpentry, metal fabrication, custom laser engraving, and more! Our knowledgeable staff can help guide you toward the right manufacturing solution for you or your business. Reach out today to get your project started!
Micromanufacturing: From One to Many
Manufacturing uses smart tools like 3D printers, CNC mills, injection molders, and laser cutters to automate and multiply the manufacturing process. Mass manufacturing is designed to create tens of thousands of a product.
But, what if you only need a hundred or so items to launch your business? That’s micromanufacturing—a process which uses many of the same automated tools as big industry on a smaller scale. Much of the work traditionally handled by manufacturing equipment can now be performed by 3D Printers. The micromanufacturing process is more efficient, using fewer resources and allowing you to decide just how much product you need and when you need it. It’s a combination of old world craftsmanship and 21st Century technologies.
Ready to talk about your project?
- We offer creation and conversion of 2D designs into industry standard vector files for use in fabrication of products using CNC mills, laser cutters, and in screen printing studios.
- We also offer optimization and repair of previously created 2D vector designs for use in fabrication of products using CNC mills or lasers.
- We offer modelling services for both 3D CAD and 3D Sculpture file creation. These files can then be 3D printed, CNC machined, or purchased for later use.
- We assist with designing unique furniture pieces or other items made out of wood.
- We offer fabrication services for both one-off custom pieces and manufacturing of small quantities.
Laser Cutting & Engraving
- AP4836 130-watt laser
- E-Z Router CNC with 4×8 foot bed
- Cabinet table saw
- Wood lathe
- Band saw
- Resaw bandsaw
- Drill press
- Miter saw
- Various hand tools and smaller power tools including a scroll saw, router and router table, and different handheld and benchtop sanders.
- 1 Metal lathe
- Plasma CNC Cutter
- 1 MIG Welder
- 2 Flux Core Welders
- ARC Welder
- Oxy-Acetylene Welder
3D Printing | FDM
- The most common and economical type of 3D printing. FDM printing uses layers of heated plastic to build your design literally from the ground up. Our facility offers many FDM printers, currently, the largest build volume for a single material print is 11.8” L x 12” W x 18” H with a layer height of 0.004” (PLA and PLA+ only).
- For prints that require special materials, the maximum printable size is 8.3” L x 8.3” W x 9.84” H with a layer height of 0.05 mm. Compatible filament types that can be used on these printers are PLA, ABS, PET, Ninjaflex, and nylon.
3D Printing | SLA
- For higher quality prints we have two Formlabs SLA printers that have a maximum build volume of 5.7” x 5.7” x 6.9” with a layer height of 0.001”. These printers use UV-curing resins in a wide range of types—from castable wax and flexible rubber to strong, high-temperature rated resins than can be used to test injection molding.
Laser Cutting & Engraving Reference Table
*through special materials such as Cermark
CNC Reference Table
Recognizing our Production Partners
- 9AM to 5PM on Mon/Wed/Fri
- 9AM to 7PM on Tue/Thu